APPLY TO BE A PROTÉGÉ
Note: If you are under 18, please ask an adult to nominate you as a protégé here.
The Shirley Chisholm Education Foundation mentoring Program appreciates your interest in becoming a protégé in the SCEF Protege Experience Mentoring Program. Please complete and submit the following form to begin the application process.
Protégé Participation Requirements
- Be at least 16-25 years old
- Reside in the U.S. and Caribbean countries of Barbados and Guyana
- Commit to the five-month duration of the program
- Commit to spending time weekly working with a mentor (2 hrs/wk), and learning course materials (1 hr /wk)
- Obtain parental/guardian permission (if under 18 yrs of age), and ongoing support for participation in the program
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Attend protege’ training sessions as prescribed
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program coordinator and discuss monthly meeting and activity information